As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop avionics electronic controller hardware that operates rocket engines. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of engine build, test, operation, and vehicle integration. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
• Graduate degree in related engineering or technical field with 10+ years of direct experience in electronics hardware development
• Demonstrated expertise designing high-reliability, safety-critical, Class 2/3 board assemblies; including familiarity with IPC 6xx and NASA-STD-8739.n (or similar) standards.
• Proficiency using Cadence OrCAD / Allegro (or similar tools) to design complex aerospace boards; and experience working with external board manufacturing and assembly vendors.
• Proficiency with scripting; programming and analysis/modeling tools: Python, Linux/Windows shell scripting; assembly language, C, C++; MATLAB / Simulink / SPICE (or similar).
• Exposure to designing safety or mission critical aerospace flight hardware compliant with DO-254.
• Exposure to development of high-reliability, radiation-tolerant, radiation-hardened flight hardware intended for prolonged exposure to extreme space environments.