As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for the build process, quality, and execution of Blue’s rocket engine avionics. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of engine build, test, operation, and vehicle integration. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
· Manage manufacturing of development and flight hardware with manufacturing resources
· Coordinate cross-program needs with internal and external manufacturing resources
· Manage the release of engineering drawing packages for circuit cards, assemblies, and harnesses
· Author work orders for the assembly of avionics boxes
· Assure compliance with the hardware configuration management plan
· Collaborate with the strategic supply chain team and associated buyers
· Associate’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or related discipline
· 3+ years in aerospace manufacturing
· Experience with the manufacturing and quality features associated with avionics processes (harnessing, control boards, ESD, etc.)
· Capable of collaborating as a member of a broad interdisciplinary team across a variety of domains (e.g. electrical, mechanical, software, fluid, control, and propulsion)
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or related discipline
· Experience in sub-contract management of suppliers including requests for proposal, specification, and statement of work.
· Experience with launch vehicle, aircraft, or spacecraft manufacturing and integration.
· Knowledge of systems engineering practices, manufacturing fabrication and assembly processes, and quality control.