As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will own the design, development, and verification of digital processing software and firmware for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of leading the development, integration and testing of high speed digital processing hardware, software and firmware critical for spaceflight data acquisition systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
• Own the development of data processing algorithms and utilities for aerospace vehicles, including simulation, software and firmware integration, prototype bring-up and debugging, bug tracking, functional verification, and test support.
• Leading and mentoring other hardware and software development engineers on the team.
• Project Management: Scope, budget and effort estimation for new embedded software and firmware projects, WBS creation, risk management, project execution coordination and status reporting
• Provide engineering expertise in the area of digital design, real-time data processing and reduction across multiple hardware platforms.
• Provide as needed embedded software and firmware development support for other avionics projects